Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cullavagga - Third Khandhaka: Chapter 22

1. Now at that time a certain Bhikkhu had committed two Samghâdisesa offences
which he had concealed for two months. And it occurred to him, 'Lo! I have
committed two Samghâdisesa offences which I have concealed for two months. Let
me now ask the Samgha for a probation of two months for one offence concealed
for two months.' And he asked the Samgha for a probation of two months for
p. 411
one offence concealed for two months. And the Samgha imposed upon him a
probation (etc., as before, down to) for two months. Whilst he was undergoing
that probation, shame overcame him in that he thought, 'I have committed, &c. .
. . And it occurred to me, etc. . . . And I asked, etc. . . . And the Samgha
imposed . . . . And whilst I was undergoing . . . . (etc., as before, down to)
for two months.'
'Let me now ask the Samgha for a probation of two months for the other offence
concealed for two months.'
2. He told the Bhikkhus [all that had happened]. They told this thing to the
Blessed One.
3. 'Let then the Samgha, O Bhikkhus, impose upon that Bhikkhu a probation of two
months for that other offence concealed for two months.'
[Here follows the kammavâkâ as before.]
'Then that Bhikkhu, O Bhikkhus, should undergo probation for two months from
that date 1.'



Footnotes
411:1 Tadupâdâya; see chapters 23. 1 and 2, 24. 3.

0 comments:

Post a Comment