Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mahavagga - Seventh Khandhaka: Chapter 12

12.
'A Bhikkhu intent on finding a comfortable place (to live in), after the Kathina
ceremony has been held, takes a robe, and goes away, thinking, "I will go to
such and such a residence; if it is comfortable there, I will remain there if it
is not, I will go to such and such a residence; if it is comfortable there, I
will remain there; if it is not, I will go to such and such a residence; if it
is comfortable there, I will remain there; if it is not, I will go back."
'When he has got beyond the boundary, he thinks, "I will have the robe made up
here, and will never go back," &c. 3'
__________________
End of the five cases of the Bhikkhu intent on comfort.




Footnotes
168:3 The usual three cases as before, and then the two cases of the
sîmâtikkantika kathinuddhâra and the saha bhikkhûhi kathinuddhâra, which run as
may be seen from chap. 2. 2 (the two last cases there) or from chap. 9. 3.

0 comments:

Post a Comment